About Me

My photo
Cecelia has a Master of Letters from the University of New England. She is available as a literacy tutor in the Adelaide area, and also available for review writing.

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

RS: More Gaming Fiction: Nera Vivaldi

 



Cookmancer Online by Nera Vivaldi


I wasn’t sure what to think when I saw the cover and read the blurb. I wondered what sort of LitRPG would use cooking – and the talk of scoring points - was the heroine participating in a reality television show like Master Chef? 

However, when I got past the uniqueness of the concept, I found Cookmancer Online was an absorbing read. Genuine gaming fiction, with a few twists. Apparently, Earth ought to have become uninhabitable, but it was saved by an artificial intelligence. The opposite of the TERMINATOR plot – but a certain amount of cyber paranoia remains. Is the artificial intelligence truly neutralised – and is it genuinely benign?

The villain is an ex-boyfriend, creating drama and tension.  I immensely enjoyed my review copy accessed through Book Sirens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Goodreads

Interesting Thoughts from an Author